Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shop Make Over Pt 1

So, I am working really hard on completing my to-do list while I have a few days off from my day job, and here is a little update. I have started re-taking all the photos for our shop that I didn't like (or didn't fit in with the new photos in our shop) and I am pretty happy with how it is going so far. There is still a lot of work to do, with descriptions, tags, and working on my seo skills, but photos are really important to me and I wanted to take some extra time to make them perfect, or at least close to it.

I have always loved taking photos of our curios outside, but it's hard to have consistency outdoors, and I think it's too busy. I wanted to keep listing items while we were transitioning to our new home, but that meant for a lot of experimenting with spaces to take photos in.
But now, I am using a neutral background with more control over light and space. I am using a vintage card table and handmade confetti for a sweet, unique accent. It is subtle enough to not distract from the item, but it still adds a personal touch and I really like it.
What do you think? I will be doing a lot more over the course of the next few hours, so keep your eye out. I will also be putting some older items on sale so that we can make room for new inventory. Keep an eye out for that too.

It's really rad, Ollie is acting like such a puppy this morning. When we woke up, he wanted to snuggle for longer than normal, and it's so cute how he follows Doug around while he gets ready for work, and they have a play sesh right before he has to leave. I love waking up so early and making coffee and oatmeal and watching the news and getting to spend some time together. It's those kinds of moments that I cherish.

I hope everyone has a great morning! I wanted to share a really neat link my friend shared with me this morning. It is a photo series by Irena Werning called Back to the Future. She reenacted childhood photographs, and they are really incredible. You should check it out!!

xo,
Bec


2 comments: