Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Tour of Our Home & Broccoli Cheddar Casserole & MORE!

Well, our house isn't AS unpacked or AS clean as I would like, but it is coming along every day. I finally hung up most of our framed stuff (well, at least the stuff we have in San Diego, we left behind all of our huge paintings and framed photos. Chris is bringing them on Monday!!)
Pretty frames.
Twin Blue Boys.
Our collection of leather stretched deer.
Book shelves. I need MORE!
Living room wall.
Little chicken pot holder.
My pretty yellow kitchen.
Paper garland and pretty wall.
And that's that. We STILL don't have any furniture except for a bucket seat from the van in the living room so I won't take any photos of our empty rooms and messy floors.

I'm kind of bummed that Doug and I will be working almost the exact opposite schedules. BUT, I am so happy he loves his new job, and I really like my job, and nothing is permanent. Because I miss him, I made him a casserole (broccoli cheddar, his favorite) and some PB Chocolate chip cookies. Here is the recipe for the casserole. I promise you, it's ridiculously delicious!!

4 bunches of broccoli, chopped and steamed.
2 cups of sliced mushrooms, steamed
about 3 cups sliced cheddar cheese (or Velvetta, I just didn't have time to go get any)
2 rolls of Ritz crackers
2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup of butter (or butter substitute)

Step ONE Line a casserole dish with tinfoil. Crush up the Ritz crackers with 1/4 cup of butter and completely cover the bottom of the dish.
Step TWO Chop 1 cup of cheddar cheese and sprinkle over crackers
Step THREE Steam the broccoli and mushrooms until cooked throughly
Step FOUR Spread veggies in dish evenly.
Step FIVE Mix condensed soup with a cup of water and pour over veggies.
Step SIX repeat step one, but cover the top of the veggies completely.
Step SEVEN Completely cover the top of the casseroel with cheese. Cover with tin foil.
Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
EAT AND ENJOY!
I have to go to work. I will (maybe) get to see Doug for a total of five minutes before I have to leave. SUCKS! But, we'll have all weekend!! I can't wait to get our Christmas tree and start decorating. Life is really good right now and I am pretty stoked on everything. Even making Bloody Mary's and Strawberry Malts for 5 hours straight. Maybe...

xo,
Beca

No comments:

Post a Comment