Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chili and Treasures

I made spicy chili and cheddar-jalapeño cornbread from scratch for dinner. I started cooking the chili at noon and it made the house smell so incredible. The cornbread didn't come out as cheesy and airy as I had hoped. It was really dense, almost like a scone, but savory. It wasn't bad, by any means, it was actually really yummy. Doug and our roommate couldn't stop talking about dinner. That always makes me feel good.

I also had a chance to stop by a little junk store I really like (but it is NEVER open) and left with a box full of treasures. Their treasures are always 50% or 75% off so I can put them in the shop for really awesome prices. Took a few photos, heres a sneak peek of some of the joy before I list them in Tumbleweeds.




Now I have A LOT of work to do. It's so nice though, since we're ALL on the big couch right now. Ollie, Monster, Doug, Mooky and I. Charlie is snuggled up in bed already. I like having company. The tempting apple pie helps too.
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment