Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Goat's Milk + Cheese Corn Bread

I love goat cheese and goats's milk (even though I can't have too much of it - it is much easier on my allergy than cow's milk, as it contains slightly lower levels of lactose) and boy, do I love corn bread. Every good southern girl better know how to make corn bread, that's a fact. I learned how to make corn bread a long time ago, but I learned how to make good cornbread from Doug's mom. In a skillet brushed with bacon fat. Perfect, every time. 
WI3J7042
We had a house full of skateboarders the other night, so did a low country boil and the I opted for corn bread muffins. I substituted milk for condensed goat's milk and added dollops of goat cheese baked right on in the bread. 
WI3J7054
WI3J7056
Do you love cornbread? Do you mix anything in, or keep in plain? I'd love to know your favorite fixings. I'm off to tackle a to-do list a mile long, thankfully I have a helper today. 

7 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever had cornbread, but it looks amazing! Might have to look up a recipe now...

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOD! My heart just broke into 100 million pieces. Can you please come to Tennessee so I can make you cornbread? Please?

      Delete
    2. Haha, that sounds wonderful! The odds of me making it to the area when I visit the US again are pretty slim, but if ever I do I am so taking you up on that;)

      Delete
  2. Not gonna lie- that looks delicious! :)
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I add bell peppers, corn, onion, cheddar, and parmesan, but I LOVE the simplicity of just adding goat cheese to the bread. I bet it's really yummy and the dudes loved it!

    ReplyDelete