Saturday, June 30, 2012

Best Days for Lemonade

It's hot here in Chattanooga. Like really, really hot. I have been wearing the bare minimum for the last few days, drinking a lot of ice cold water or lemonade (doesn't Wendy's have the best lemonade?) and trying to not leave the house any more than I absolutely need to. I lived in Arizona for a very long time, and I am used to extreme heat, but it's humid here! Every time I walk out of the house, I melt a little. So, I tend to prefer central air than melting, it's just one of those things. 
 
I made this galaxy dress a few months ago, and then forgot I had it. We got a new dryer two days ago, and I finally got to the bottom of our dirty laundry pile and found this dress. I like it for days like this, even though it'd kind of big on me. We had a busy, early morning, took a lunch break and worked on Doug's tires for a little while. I'm thinking about a nap before dinner and Moonrise Kingdom, finally, before another full night of work! We're finally getting caught up! Did you notice our shop is open again, with a few select styles? :)

Happy weekend!
xo,
Beca

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow... LOVE that dress! Is there a brand or can you tell where you got it? Thanks!

    msred5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I really need to buy a pair of those sunglasses!
    When will you be offering the couples package again? I really want to get a pair for my boyfriend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can make a listing for you, email me! tumbleweeds.shop@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. i walked two blocks to get a gallon of iced tea yesterday and felt like i might die! it was 104!
    we went to moonrise kingdom last night and it was great. just what i needed after a long sticky day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not leaving the house tomorrow. period.

      Delete
  4. The weather is just gross! We need some rain and we need it now! I hope your area cools off soon!

    Also that dress is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madeline! We need rain too!!

      Delete
  5. That first picture is so cute! And I love the dress.
    I hear you on the humidity though :( Humid as ever here in Tampa FL! I'm actually heading up to Gatlinburg TN this week. I was really hoping it wouldn't be humid there...
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want this dress, please tell us how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress!! Still haven't done the galaxy tutorial yet, I really need to!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that your dog!?! the most good-lookin' canine i've seen in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the dress is super cute! I'd love to know how you made it :)

    ReplyDelete