Friday, December 23, 2011

New Years Resolutions

023-1
This has been a big year for us, and 2012 is looking pretty exciting already, and it's fun to make lists and stay accountable to dreams, plans and goals. Which is why I am blogging about 5 of each of those. Some are trivial, some are big, some are just plain, well, plain. But I lead a simple life. That is except for the random texts from old friends informing us that our glasses may have been spotted on MTV! It was too hard to tell if they were ours, Doug says he doesn't think so, but I am open to the possibility. Anyways, here is my little list of New Year Resolutions.

- D R E A M S -
1. Styling my home in a way that I want it, not for roommates, not because we're broke and have to take what freebies we get, but because I want to love the space we live in and it's us.
2. Set up a screen printing table/space so that I can print bags and boxes for Tumbleweeds and maybe expand a little bit. I have always loved screen printing, but never had the space to do it in.
3. Build a box garden. A big one. I was able to grow tomatoes, egg plant, strawberries and basil here in San Diego, but I am hoping for a better spring/summer this year. I want corn, pumpkin, melon, peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, and more! And I want a peach tree. Good Lord, I want a peach tree.
4. I want to go to Dollywood, I want to finally go to Niagara Falls, and I want to visit my Grandparents. I want to travel more.
5. I look forward to spending time with some amazing friends that I have met through blogging who live on the other side of the world right now, but pretty soon, will be a stones throw away. There are more of you out there, I'm sure! Let's be pals.

+ P L A N S +

1. Move to Tennessee, safely and set up a home for ourselves. We have been living in houses together for a long time, but I want to live in a home. We both do.
2. Bring family into the mix. Doug's sister is amazingly talented and we really want her to be a part of our business. It will benefit us all.
3. We would like to expand our business. More stockist, more collections, and more styles/options. This is a slow process, but we are looking forward to the challenges and journey.
4. Re-Open our store-front. Simple as that.
5. Weekly webisodes. I don't want to say anything else now because we have only just begun talking about it/writing down ideas, but it involves collections, and us, and you.

- G O A L S -

1. Be more positive. I don't have a carefree, easy background. I grew up always thinking the worst, and have experienced a lot of negativity. I am trying really, REALLY hard to be positive, not only for us, but for the people around us. I have a lot to learn, and a lot of room to grow, but I would like to be more positive and supportive.
2. Walk our dogs more, which in turn will help me with my goals of losing weight.
3. Cook more real meals at home. We eat out so often, not because I am lazy or rich, I'm just not a good cook. I can bake with my eyes closed, but cooking is a whole different world.
4. Shoot more videos. Work on the documentary. Put my five year college degree to use.
5. Grow my hair down to my waste again. I cut off all my hair about 5 years ago to cut away a sad part of my life, and because I was angry. I miss having long hair. I miss being able to do fun things with it. I don't miss the rats-nests, but you have to take the good with the bad.

With a new year, there will be room for success and room for failure. There will be happiness, and there will be frustration and room to grow. There will be a future, and I can't wait.

What do you have planned for the New Year? Anything spectacular, or just simple things like me?

xo,
Beca

5 comments:

  1. What lovely resolutions :)

    In the new year i'm hoping to walk my dogs more aswell and lose weight.

    I want to save up some money and travel,preferably to Paris or New York... I don't mind scrimping until the end of the year (also need to get a passport).

    Get my portfolio looking amazing and finish my book and send it off to publishers.

    I also want some anti wrinkle cream...with all the work i'm doing I want to avoid looking old as i'm only 22!

    Go to more galleries/museums.

    Do more art swaps.

    Think that'll do for now :p

    Think I might write a list and put it on my wall!

    I hope 2012 is wonderful for the both of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!
    My mail goal for 2012 is to get back to being healthy: regular workouts and clean foods. After we moved into our house in August and our stove wasn't working for a few weeks, I got back into the habit of junk food - and have gained at least 10 lbs since august :( Time to et healthy again! (after all the delicious Christmas food, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post Beca!

    Some of my goals/dreams for 2012:

    ~meet more local creative folks to socialize and collaborate with. I've already met a few here in SD, but I'd love to meet more!

    ~cook healthier meals. I don't eat as well as I should, and I really want to change that.

    ~I also want to turn my rented house into a home. I've already kind of started the process via painting the walls and getting rid of the stuff that I just don't want or need anymore.

    ~get back into yoga again. I miss it.

    Here's to a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think these are all really good and REAL goals. i hate when i see/hear people say ridiculous things like they're going to start running 4 times a week (and they've never run a day in their life), or that they're going to be a vegetarian. you know, the things that don't just happen overnight. anyway, i like that you're always so real, and i know you can accomplish all this and more!

    also, i want to try to be more positive, too. i really used to be, but then life happened. maybe i can follow your lead and just copy you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to start running 500 times a week.

    ReplyDelete