This has been a big year for us, and 2012 is looking pretty exciting already, and it's fun to make lists and stay accountable to dreams, plans and goals. Which is why I am blogging about 5 of each of those. Some are trivial, some are big, some are just plain, well, plain. But I lead a simple life. That is except for the random texts from old friends informing us that our glasses may have been spotted on MTV! It was too hard to tell if they were ours, Doug says he doesn't think so, but I am open to the possibility. Anyways, here is my little list of New Year Resolutions.
- D R E A M S -
1. Styling my home in a way that I want it, not for roommates, not because we're broke and have to take what freebies we get, but because I want to love the space we live in and it's us.
2. Set up a screen printing table/space so that I can print bags and boxes for Tumbleweeds and maybe expand a little bit. I have always loved screen printing, but never had the space to do it in.
3. Build a box garden. A big one. I was able to grow tomatoes, egg plant, strawberries and basil here in San Diego, but I am hoping for a better spring/summer this year. I want corn, pumpkin, melon, peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, and more! And I want a peach tree. Good Lord, I want a peach tree.
4. I want to go to Dollywood, I want to finally go to Niagara Falls, and I want to visit my Grandparents. I want to travel more.
5. I look forward to spending time with some amazing friends that I have met through blogging who live on the other side of the world right now, but pretty soon, will be a stones throw away. There are more of you out there, I'm sure! Let's be pals.
+ P L A N S +
1. Move to Tennessee, safely and set up a home for ourselves. We have been living in houses together for a long time, but I want to live in a home. We both do.
2. Bring family into the mix. Doug's sister is amazingly talented and we really want her to be a part of our business. It will benefit us all.
3. We would like to expand our business. More stockist, more collections, and more styles/options. This is a slow process, but we are looking forward to the challenges and journey.
4. Re-Open our store-front. Simple as that.
5. Weekly webisodes. I don't want to say anything else now because we have only just begun talking about it/writing down ideas, but it involves collections, and us, and you.
- G O A L S -
1. Be more positive. I don't have a carefree, easy background. I grew up always thinking the worst, and have experienced a lot of negativity. I am trying really, REALLY hard to be positive, not only for us, but for the people around us. I have a lot to learn, and a lot of room to grow, but I would like to be more positive and supportive.
2. Walk our dogs more, which in turn will help me with my goals of losing weight.
3. Cook more real meals at home. We eat out so often, not because I am lazy or rich, I'm just not a good cook. I can bake with my eyes closed, but cooking is a whole different world.
4. Shoot more videos. Work on the documentary. Put my five year college degree to use.
5. Grow my hair down to my waste again. I cut off all my hair about 5 years ago to cut away a sad part of my life, and because I was angry. I miss having long hair. I miss being able to do fun things with it. I don't miss the rats-nests, but you have to take the good with the bad.
With a new year, there will be room for success and room for failure. There will be happiness, and there will be frustration and room to grow. There will be a future, and I can't wait.
What do you have planned for the New Year? Anything spectacular, or just simple things like me?