Friday, December 30, 2011

Guest Post // Amy from A is for Ampersand

Hey Tumbleweeds champs! My name is Amy, and I run a little blog by the name of A is for Ampersand. Beca and I just so happen to be two die-hard van girls, so today I thought I'd tell you a little bit about life in my 1984 Westfalia Vanagon.
The Morby Westy Clan
My lova Mitchell and I bought this van during our first year of being hitched. When we met we realized that we each had a lifelong dream of owning a Westfalia, so when we got married, it became a priority to purchase one--more important than a house, babies, or all that other lame married stuff. :)
RO_SyncroSolstice_Lone_westy
The Westy comes equipped with a full kitchen, including a stove, fridge, and sink. It sleeps two on the bottom, and once you pop the top, a bed folds down from the top to sleep 4 total. It's kind of like heaven, and we try and take her out on camping trips all summer long.

This past summer we went to a Westy meetup called Syncro Solstice. We met up with about 40 other Westy owners in Moab, UT and partied it up Westy style. As Becca knows, van people are something else, and we had the time of our lives geeking out over Westy mods, including solar panels. Someday our Westy will have solar panels--mark my words.
Syncro Solstice
Oh, the Westy
Believe it or not, Westys are fully capable of going off roading, and we took our Westy on her very first excursion. Even though she's mostly a total piece, she made it. And for any van nerds out there, here's a little video of our off roading trip. Even if you're not a van nerd, you might appreciate the hilarity of 40 vans from the 80s with their pops topped in the middle of the desert. It was a damn good time.
Thanks for letting me visit today and share with you a little piece of the van I love so much. And if you've ever thought once in your life about buying a Vanagon, by all means--MAKE IT HAPPEN! I promise it will be the best decision you ever make.
RO_SyncroSolstice_night_time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for sharing, Amy! I have been meaning to do a little van tour of my own for all of you to see what our beast really looks like. Right now it's packed to the brims with all of our loved possessions. Be sure to take a peek at my Amy's blog, it's a pretty wonderful place.

xo,
Beca

No comments:

Post a Comment