Thursday, October 27, 2011

Do Gooders

I am pretty sure I could talk about my friend Danielle for days and hours and weeks and years. She is hands down one of the most talented jewelers I know of, and the fact that she is a legitimately good person helps too. I personally own, and wear on a daily basis, several dinosaur toes pieces, my favorite is similar to this but with citrine, my new favorite gem! Now, I'm not just writing about her jewelry for no good reason other than to gush about the beautiful things she makes. There is a purpose.
From now, until November 18th, 15% of every purchase will be donated to the Rachel Horton Compassionate Care Fund to help provide life saving treatments to animals in need. You know how much of an animal lover I am, so this stuck out to me especially. Here is the story, from Danielle's blog. "on april 8th of this year, chris' second cousin, rachael horton, and her husband, aaron, were killed in a tragic apartment fire. although emotions are still raw, and their deaths are no easier to accept, their memory continues to live on through the legacy they left. rachael was a lifelong animal lover who gave money from her own paycheck to help pay for treatments that could save an animal's life when their owner couldn't afford it. after her death, the rachael horton compassionate care fund was set up in her memory to continue making her dream a reality."
So to go along with my goals of only purchasing Handmade for the Holidays (more on this to come) here is another amazing handmade artist who is not only good at what she does, but she's a do gooder too. And you cant really ask for much more than that. Please share this with your friends and family, because every piece you buy, you can know that an animal's life will be saved. Things like that make life good.

xo,
Beca

3 comments: