Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In Retrospective

I have learned so much in the past year, and going through all of the photos that I took, I am so thankful that I documented this journey so obsessively. I can see where I have grown and where I still need to grow.

I mean lets be real, here. My french macarons went from looking like this...
to this....

I think I can be proud of that. As angry as I am at that place where I used to work, I feel happy that I was able to experiment and learn. That is what I call progress.

What have you learned this year?

xo,
Beca

5 comments:

  1. I would like to say that every closed door opens a new window, but I suspect that would go against my glass-half-empty sensibilities :) What I do know from what I've learned about you through Internet Lyfe is that you are a damn hard worker and any situation you apply that personality to will be better off for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of you and seeing the better side of things. I have learned that anything you want take a lot of work and dedication. To also be grateful for the things I have in my life as well as the talents I have been given. I know that in Tucson I took advantage of those things and now living in a new town it has kicked my butt. There is always room for growth. I love that I have seen that growth in you.
    xxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually learned to DO things and not push them ahead of me and be like "i can still do that tomorrow.." and never get around to it in the end. that's helped alot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a macaron recipe that a beginner could try? I would love to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll post up the recipe that I use this week! :)

    ReplyDelete