Thursday, March 3, 2011

Video Blog Vol 2. and Hamantaschen Recipe

My second video blog about a project I have been working on, some sweets and a cute pup.

And in case you were wondering, there really is such a thing as too much Hamantaschen. This is what my station at work looked like for the better part of the afternoon today.
Purim is next week, and we just got an order for 500 more. Looks like my tomorrow will look the same, as I'm working a double, first in the bakery and then the night in the deli. I hope it goes by fast, I want to go to National City for the swap meet on Saturday. I am really looking forward to it, 1) because we're going to shoot a new video, and 2) because it's been raining the past 2 weekends and we haven't been to the swap meet at all.

Also, if you feel like making your own Hamantaschen, here is a super good recipe.
This yeilds 24 small cookies.
-3 eggs
1 cup of granualted sugar
3/4 cup of veg, oil
1/2 cup orange juice
2.5 tsp vanilla extract (clear, if you have it)
5.5 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder

Combine eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and juice. Add dry ingredients and mix until stiff.
Chill dough over night. This is very important, if you don't so this, your dough will bake weird.
roll out your dough until it is a little under 1/4 of an inch thick.
Cut out rounds using a jar lip or cookie cutter.

Scoop 1 spoonful of your favorite preservative into the center. We sell a lot of poppy seed and prune, but I wouldn't touch the stuff. I like cherry, apricot and I bet peach or blueberry would be good.

Brush on egg wash to outer round. Pinch the edges to create a triangle. Make sure you pinch them tight or the preserves will seep out and it will make a mess.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Enjoy!

xo,
Beca

No comments:

Post a Comment