Friday, January 14, 2011

Fry Bread + Thrifted Plates

This is the easiest recipe ever and pretty hard to mess up. And of course, DELICIOUS!
NAVAJO FRY BREAD!

RECIPE:
4 cups of flour
pinch of salt
TBLS baking powder
1 and 1/2 cups of very warm water
Veg oil or shortening for frying.

Break off smaller, fist sized pieces and roll into a ball between you hands. Flatten the dough.
For Doug, I made red hot pork, eggs and cheese for breakfast.
And for myself, I made Honey, banana and Peanut Butter. YUM!
Such a good breakfast and such a good way to start the day.
Also, I forgot to mention the other day, we went thrifting and I found this set of big and small plates (12 total) for $4. So stoked, as we have been eating off of vintage picnic ware. These remind me of Grandparents.
(And they match the yellows and browns my kitchen!!)

xo,
Beca

2 comments:

  1. I am SO making these tonight! Thanks for posting the recipe Beca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cal told me about this recipe and I am going to try making these tomorrow for breakfast. I want to try eating them with PB, bananas, and honey. I saw that and thought about how it would make the perfect breakfast and will eventually try them with dinner.

    ReplyDelete