Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bird Rock Beach Adventure

I THANKFULLY got off work super early today and someone offered to cover my night shift to give me an extra evening off, and we packed up the big dog and drove to bird rock beach, just south of La Jolla. It's about 15 minutes from our house and since it was pretty cold and cloudy today, the beach was pretty desolate. Just some tourists and some street kids.

I brought Ollie's mallard toy to distract him in case there were any other dogs around (he is a little touchy when it comes to stranger-dogs, but he actually did really really great, even when a street kid's pit bull came running up. He got a little nervous when the other dog started rough-housing, but Doug was holding his leash, and he never acts up when Doug is on the other end of the leash. Just me...hmm...I'm proud of him.)
This day couldn't get any better. We went to Tioli's Crazee Burger for lunch. We got a gift certificate from Greg and Paula and it was good. I haven't had a good burger in a while, and this place has a pretty diverse menu. Including Bison, Alligator and Ostrich burgers...I've made all of those at home before (except the Alligator,) but never at a restaurant. Maybe we'll try those next time.

We're going over to Paula's to watch The Town and have dinner and cookies!

xo,
Beca

2 comments:

  1. your hair looks so good in that third pic down!! and ollie is so cute i want to squish his face. enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay thanks!! You're stuff will be in the mail tomorrow morning!! Let me know when you get it!
    xo
    ps
    Ollie is a pretty cute dog, i lucked out, all our dogs are so squishable.

    ReplyDelete