Monday, October 11, 2010

Prickly Pear Lemonade - Ode to a Tucson Summers End


Last Sunday, after our little yard sale, our friends Jaimie, Eric and Bullet stopped by for a visit. We met them at Ike's one morning when I was taking Doug to work and we had both Bostons. They had Bullet with them and Bullet is a big, cute Boston Terrier too, so we instantly hit it off. They are really great people and I hope they come visit when we move.

Jaimie brought me a little Tupperware of processed prickly pear and I knew I wanted to make lemonade with it. Since I stopped working at the bakery, I don't have prickly pear lemonade at my disposal. Here is my recipe for it.

Very Simple Prickly Pear Lemonade
8 medium sized lemons
1/3 cup of processed prickly pear fruit
1 cup of sugar (or more to taste)
1/2 gallon of water

Squeeze lemons, blend with prickly pear and sugar, add to water, shake well, chill!

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment