Friday, February 24, 2012

What I Wore // Skirts and Stripes

Y'all know how self conscious I am. If you don't know, now you do, but inspired by my sweet friend Amy's self love revolution, I finally did another What I Wore post. It took me all month to do it, but here it is, and maybe I'll just try to do a what I wore post once a month, and not die of embarrassment, since it's only once a month. Maybe. I said maybe. So here it is. This really is what I wore today.
053
063 044
I promise I wore shoes, kind of. Just for my walk to the post office, the same post office that's only open for like four hours a day. That I have to walk through the woods to get to. I wore rain boots, I kid you not. But, I told you, I hate wearing shoes, and I decided that I'm not going to put shoes on so you think I wore cute boots or heels all day, when I just didn't. I work at home, why should I wear shoes?
072
076
078
{Glasses//Tumbleweeds, Sweater//Ross, Tank//Target, Skirt//Vintage, Belt//Vintage-borrowed from Doug, Necklace//Gift from my step-mom.}

Soooo, that's that. I am by no means a style blogger, but I thought maybe y'all would want to see what this girl wears in a fishing village in northwest Florida. Most people out here wear camo and white rain boots. And the occasional jean jacket or cutoff shorts. It was about 100 degrees here, with a million degrees humidity, so you better believe I didn't leave that sweater on for that long!

Stay tuned for some new presale styles released in our shop today and a blog post about our new packaging coming later tonight or tomorrow!

xo,
Beca

32 comments:

  1. I can completely empathize with you about doing outfit posts. I have yet to be able to bring myself to post anything about what I wear. I am just not that comfortable with it... yet. Eh I dunno, I am just not that comfortable with it. anyways.

    I think you look great. :-) that skirt is awesome, and your rings are beautiful-- i love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am not 100% comfortable either, and it took everything in me to not pick apart every single thing in this post!

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with this outfit. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a style-infused ensemble! Beautiful - I love that first photo!

    Love,
    Stephanie May*

    http://www.maydae.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pattern mixing! And your hair right now! But mostly, I love your glasses!!! Now that I've ordered my first pair of sunglasses from you, I really want a pair of actual glasses, since I have a prescription and wear them about 90% of the time. Long story short, I'm addicted 'cuz you two do beautiful work. And you are beautiful people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous! I totes have that sweater :) And, this is creepy, but you have beautiful teeth (and a knockout smile to boot!) Love you lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eep! want to know a secret? I had to make that photo black and white because my teeth are soooo not white, but 5 years of braces definitely helped my teeth get hella straight. but thank you, means the world to me! love you!!

      Delete
  6. aw, you look fantastic! i love your skirt and your glasses (of course!. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love these glasses right now. I thought they were too big on my face at first, but im falling for them. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. You look great! I really dig the skirt and glasses :)

    xo Amber P.
    http://theowlsden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your style Beca! you wear it well :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are seriously are the cutest I love you hair I love your adorable outfit and I love your glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! more outfit posts! and THOSE SHADES!!!! AGHHHHHHH LOVE THEM!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have such lovely eyes and the way your hair frames your face is perfect. you are such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so stinkin' cute miss. Please keep these posts up...I love your outfit!! And glasses...*sigh* one day I will own a pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this so much! and holy hell, stripes with the patterned skirt, i die. you look beautiful, and i'm telling you, we want to see more of these posts! also, i don't wear shoes either unless i absolutely have to. maybe i should live in a beach town where shoes are optional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let's go on vacation where we dont have to wear shoes for a week. Thank you for you comment, you know I appreciate them so much, and thanks for giving me confidence to do these kinds of posts. xoxo.

      Delete
  14. Don't hide that babely light, girl! It's weird blogging about myself and the things that I wear. I'm torn between wanting to do it because it seems like fun (and because it's always nice when people respond positively) and not wanting to do it because something about it seems a little embarrassing. But when I find some one who makes things that I like, I get really interested in what their other aesthetics and tastes are. I think it's also easier to invest interest into a project once you know more about the creator, and that includes what they look like. Maybe I'll try this, too. Some days it's too much to ask me to brush my hair. Taking a daily picture feel insurmountable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw that you posted an outfit post! I'm so proud of you! and I totally agree, i think the most successful small businesses are ones that are transparent and you know who you are buying from. in my opinion.

      Delete
  15. You know the worst thing about design college? We have to wear proper shoes. I can't remember the last time my feet where closed in! Bare feet are the way to go sista! This is a great outfit post, so naturally beautiful.
    Toni xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni, I hate wearing shoes. I hate wearing shoes so very much, butI know they're totally necessary! haha.

      Delete
    2. Adorable! I think I like the B&W photo of you smiling the best! So lovely.

      Love the floral & the rings. What's the info on those?

      Delete
  16. Well I think you look great and should do it more often, I was really shy and nervous at first but have done it soo much now that I dont think twice about pictures of me being on the web for all to see.
    Daisy Dayz

    ReplyDelete