Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Seven Days of Soup // Day Three // Cream of Broccoli

024
Today is unofficially day three of my seven days of soup. I fooled y'all though, you thought when I said seven days of soup, they would be consecutive, but if you know me at all, you know I make my own rules when it comes to blogging. Yesterday was technically day 5 or 6 or something like that, but we'll call it day three and be okay with it. You can see day one and day two for other recipes and soup-related things.

Last night I threw together the best soup in the world. Cream of broccoli. Although the sweet potato soup was out of the world, cream of broccoli is kind of a staple and hard to mess up. Butter, garlic, cream, broccoli, celery, sharp cheddar cheese, soup stock and spices. That's it. Mix all the ingredients together in a big soup pot, and cook on high for 10 minutes. I put half of it in the food processor, mix together and serve. It's really good in a bread bowl, but I didn't feel up to making bread too, but when I have time, that's what I usually do.

It's comforting, and chock full of veggies. A great winter soup! Have you ever made cream of broccoli? Do you love it or hate it?

xo,
Beca

4 comments:

  1. Cream of broccoli is so comforting and yummy. Love your presentation here, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I really love this photo for some reason!

      Delete
  2. I've been on a huge soup kick lately and this one is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete