Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fanning Springs

It's Sunday, and now that we live in God's country, we don't work on Sunday. Just kidding, we still work, but we took a little drive through the woods and ended up at Fanning Springs. We ate fried green tomatoes and walked through the woods looking for treasures.
119
048
047
042
028
I found a dog skull (sad,) a deer skull and a deer leg with the hair and hoof still attached (we left that in the woods though.) We also brought home some wood to make some sunglasses displays and stopped by the flea market too. I found another paint by numbers and bought some strawberries. Doug got too many treasures - fishing lures, an antler knife, and some other dude stuff.

We're headed over to his mom's house to watch The Slums of Beverly Hills and eat pickled beets for dinner. I know we have a full night of work ahead of us, so it will be nice to hang out for a bit.

How was your weekend?

xo,
Beca

7 comments:

  1. wow, that place looks magical! we just have boring old regular woods here. do you know why those stumps grew like that? i've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cypress knees. the parts that stick up are part of the root, I think. It's so eerie in real life. xo.

      Delete
  2. All I can think about is someone falling from a tree and being impaled by another tree. Still, they look really cool. Yay for pickled beets. I pickled a lot of beets last summer and they are so so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been dying over pickled beets. my MIL pickles them and I could eat them all day long...

      Delete
  3. ooouuuu you so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those woods are creepy!!! I've never seen 'cypress knees' before.

    ReplyDelete