I love these things. They remind me so much of old LJ days when surveys and questionaires and all that jazz were at their prime. Did I ever tell you I had a Live Journal for years and years. I guess it was my introduction to blogging. So anyways, I guilted my friend Kaelah into tagging me so I could do one of these too! Here we go.
There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.
1. I hate, like absolutely can not stand, the sound of people eating in movies and on TV. It is like nails on a chalkboard. Remember that movie Four Brothers, the Thanksgiving scene, I had to leave the theater because it was so bad.
2. When I was a kid, I had a terrible lisp+stutter. I was in speech therapy for several years, but when I get really excited, or nervous, or angry, they still come out. Just like my accent. I lost my southern accent as a kid because of the therapy, but it'll be back, give me a few more months living in the south. Also, my last name has 2 s's in it, how terrible that was for little lispy me. Also, I wonder why they chose the word "lisp" to describe it. It just seems cruel to me.
3. I love old country music. I hate new country music. But old country gets me every time. I love Loretta Lynn, John Prine, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Dolly Parton, Merle Haggard, Conway Twitty, and folks like that. If I have to listen to modern music, it's hip hop, Bonnie Prince Billy or Low, but if it were up to me, it would always be old country.
4. I am a hugger. I'm sorry if you meet me and you are not a hugger, you will get hugged. I can't help it. We may have the awkward hug/handshake at first, but trust me, you'll get used to the fact that I hug everyone.
5. I don't like having things on my hands. By things, I mean sticky or gooey or textured stuff like icing, clay, glue, or anything else that has a weird texture. It really really bothers me. Paint doesn't, neither does ink, but anything I can feel, I have to wash my hands right away.
5. I love having natural eyebrows. I had my eyebrows waxed once and after a day or so, realized how much I hated the way they looked and was happy when they grew back in. I know having sculpted eyebrows does something for your face, or makes you look more put together, but I just cant part with they way mine look. They are one of my favorite features.
6. I am not a cat person. I think they're cute, and I'll probably get another kitten when we move to TN, but I am more drawn to dogs. I can't really explain it. Since our kitty acts more like a dog than a cat, we get along really well. I think it's because I got attacked by our family cat when I was a baby (I still have scars from it,) it shaped my feelings about them as an adult.
7. I am probably the messiest person you will ever meet, until you meet Doug. We love making messes. I kind of want to be better about putting stuff away, but then again, I've always been messy so it doesn't bother me so much. Sometimes I dream of having lots of storage and everything in it's place. Someday. (ps. I'm not dirty, just cluttered and messy...big difference, just to be clear.) I'm like a teenager when it comes to the way I maintain my house, everything out and in clear sight. I also know where everything is, even in the mess!
8. I can count on one hand how many times I have worn heels in my life. I hate it, I feel weird. I mean, I don't really like wearing shoes, period, but heels especially. I may get over it some day, but who knows.
9. I have super thick hair and if I don't brush it for one day, I get gnarly dreadlock type knots in the back and underside. I love growing my hair out long, but having to spend a half hour brushing it out drives me crazy. I also have to use two boxes of hair dye, just to dye my roots. I have A LOT of hair.
10. In my lifetime, I have taken Korean language lessons, Arabic 101 in college (which I dropped out of when they teacher told me the highest grade I could get was a C) 4 years of sign language which I still am pretty conversational in, and half a year of Spanish, which I also dropped out of, because the teacher was such a dick.
11. My Grandpa on my Dad' s side used to call me Becala as a nickname (when he still knew who I was) and a few years ago, Doug's friend Jesse started calling me that too, without knowing it was a childhood nickname.
+ Kaelah's Questions +
1. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not? I think I believe in anything greater than you or I. I don't know much about astrology, but I think it's fascinating.
2. If you could teleport to any time and place, where would you go and why? Georgia or Tennessee in the 1930s. The world was moving back then an even though it was hard times, the country was beginning to define itself and all of the modern inventions we cherish so much today were brand new back then. Also, I would want to have a farm.3. What are the three closest items to you right now? A mason jar of Coca Cola, Ollie with his had on my feet and a stack of Black Apple post cards that I just got done writing on.
4. If you had a spirit animal, what would it be? I have had this conversation with Carla, and I really would love if my spirit animal was a Okapi. Half zebra, half horse whose closest relative is a giraffe. Awkward and beautiful.
5. What is your earliest childhood memory? My earliest childhood memory is snow in Georgia. And wearing a puffy suit.6. Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years? Maybe building a house in Chattanooga, owning another storefront/country store, with more animals.
7. Have you kept in touch with your childhood best friend(s)? Kayley was my best friend growing up and now she's married and a hoop dancer in the circus. I'm so proud of her. We used to tell everyone we were sisters. 8. If you had to describe yourself in 5 words, what would they be? Awkward. Loyal. Southern. Kind. Honest.
9. Describe your idea of a perfect day: Where would you go, what would you do, who would you do it with? Travelling in our van, with Doug, anywhere really, is always the best days. We love to adventure and discover new places, take photos, eat good food. Those are my favorite days.
10. What kind of "weird" foods do you like? (They could just be weird to your friends/family, kind of like my pickle sickles!) I could eat beets every day, for every meal, in every form, but Doug's mom makes the best pickled beets in the world. I have been obsessed with them for the past few months. I also love salt and vinegar potato chips. A lot of people don't like them but I love them.
11. Do you collect anything? If so, what? I tell people I collect collections. I love having multiple similar items. Skulls and animal teeth, leather wrapped deer figurines, stacking dolls, vintage towels, old pet photos, saints and relics, and coffee mugs.
+ My Tags and Questions +
1. If you had to put 3 things in a time capsule for future generations, what would they be?
2. What is one skill/craft you wish you could perfect?
3. If you had to describe yourself in senses, how would you smell, feel, color, taste, etc?
4. How do you take your coffee or tea?
5. What is your favorite junk food/go to snacks?
6. Describe the wall in front of you. What color is it, what's hanging on it?
7. If you could keep any animal for a day, without fear of getting maimed or killed, what animal would it be?
8. Have you ever sewn anything? If so, what was your best project?
9. Who in your family do you think you are most like?
10. It's Sunday afternoon, what do you wish you were doing?
11. What was the first blog you started reading regularly?