Monday, February 7, 2011

Pre-Productive

I've been up since 6:30. Woke up with Doug and made him lunch while he got ready. We had oatmeal for breakfast. I bought some last night, had a sudden craving for it and damn, it was good. I forgot, it's been 20 years since I've had oatmeal. He's off to work, and I'm trying to get productive, but it's still cold. I am fighting with the dogs right now to keep the blankets on my legs since they are obsessed with burrowing underneath me (it's actually really cold right now, in our house at least, I'm sure it will be beautiful today!)

We got a good lot at the flea market yesterday so the shop will be updated shortly (think miniatures, globes, lots of vintage school supplies,) as soon as the camera batteries are charged again, and I don't have house keys or a car today, so I am committing myself to cleaning the rest of the house, making Andouille Sausage Gumbo for dinner and setting up my sewing table. I want the house to smell good and look good by the time Dougie gets home. I think I can do it.

Yesterday, Doug bought me a little shadowbox-shelf for my rocks, and it is shaped like a house. I already hung it up, it only fits about 1/4 of my collection, but slowly and surely, they will all be displayed. Hopefully before my Dad comes and visits, but who knows when that will be...I'll post photos of it later today when I do the shop update post.

And lastly, heres an old photo of Ollie (that Doug took) to make you smile.
xo,
Beca

No comments:

Post a Comment