Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sad Day

It was a sad day in Tucson today. I may not live there anymore, but I did for a long time, and I have lived in Arizona for 20 years. And honestly, it doesn't matter where it happens, when 18 people are shot, and 6 people are killed, it is a sad, sad event. It is even sadder when it happens to a lovely woman like Gabrielle Giffords who has always been a beacon of light in Arizona.

When I worked for PBS, we met with Gabrielle every month to interview her, and she really is a kind person who believes strongly in what she does for Arizona. I have never been into politics, ever, I don't vote (and don't need to hear anything about that) and I don't get involved in other peoples beliefs. I like kindness. I like humanity and love. I like to be happy and care about animals and other people and babies, and stuff like that. And that is why I am so sad about this happening. Gabrielle is a kind and lovely person.

I will keep positive thoughts for Gabrielle that she pulls through and can continue doing good things for Arizona. I cried at work today when a table was very unkind and I think it has just been an emotional day in general. Be safe, friends and know you are loved.

(Photo is from The Rialto's facebook page)

xo,
Beca

1 comment:

  1. I know. It's all so fucked up and disheartening. She is a wonderful woman who didn't deserve that, nobody does. Thanks for thinking of us down here!

    ReplyDelete