Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend's End

Saturday was the twin's birthday party in the park. Their grandma made a giant paper mache Godzilla (Eloy LOVES Godzilla) and the kids had a Halloween playhouse made from big cardboard boxes. Those huge, super expensive playhouse are ridiculous when kids will have even more fun in a bunch of cardboard boxes. I meant to bring a camera, but we stayed at the estate sale on the east side for too long and had to rush right over to the party. I took a few photos with my phone of the cupcakes Alita made, and one of Doug and Eloy.


We're taking the kids to the pumpkin patch next weekend. It's going to be so much fun, I can't wait. The estate sale this weekend were pretty weak. I think I was just in a weird mood. But we did get a couple of treasures to add to the shop. I was hoping we would wake up early enough to go to the flea market this morning, but we didn't get up until 11 this morning. So, I don't have as much as I'd like to put in the shop, but a few little treasures.



This weekend has been super chill. Doug hurt his back skating so we have just been hanging out at home. Watching movies and splurging on junk food. Last night we watched The History of Violence. Ugh. It was awful. We didn't like it at all. We looked up movies that were "simial" to There Will Be Blood and this movie came up. Neither of us had seen it. It wasn't as good as everyone says. I don't think so at least. We also got The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. It was about an hour too long and super slow but really pretty and I liked the production design. The cinematography was dope too. But, way too long, about half way through I just started doing work, and playing with the dogs, and then started watching it again 10 minutes before it ended. Oh well. I know we're super late on both of these movies, but better late than never.

I have a lot of packaging to do for tomorrow. I am starting to get really, REALLY excited about our new home. i can't wait to move in and start setting it up, like home. 14 more days! Yikes! We have some photos to take and dinner to make and youtube videos to watch. Oh, and by the way, best surprise ever, Will Oldham was in Jackass 3D! We went to see it this morning. So good. I cried laughing.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment