Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello autumn. I know it's still something like 90 degrees in Tucson, but I am willing for autumn to come. Year round, Doug loves Pumpkin anything, but especially pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I love making them (I mean, before I started working at home, I did manage a bakery) and I especially love the way they make our house smell! Oh, and they taste pretty amazing too!

Here is the recipe I live and die by.

1 cup canned pumpkin (12oz)
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients well, adding the flour and chocolate chips last. You can add nuts if you'd like, but I don't like them, so we don't ever have nay in our house. I also add a dash of nutmeg to the mix, but that is also a personal preference.

Drop by the spoonful about an inch apart on greased and sugared cookie sheet. Sugar tops and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F degrees. They should swell a little and firm.

And enjoy!

Since it's getting closer to that time of the year, I'm sure I'll be baking a lot more, and sharing a lot more of my favorite recipes. Can't wait to start baking in my new kitchen!! The countdown begins.

What's your favorite pumpkin or fall recipe? Share it with me and I'll try it out!!

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment